I Became a Thief to Raise Money To Bury My Sister-Suspect Confesses

 
armed robbers in nigeria
Photo source: bellanaija.com
A truck driver identified as  Obi Ebong has being arrested by the Police Command in the Ikotun area of Lagos state and during his confession, he said that he went into robbery in order to raise money for his sister's burial ceremony.

 The 46 year old tuck driver alongside  others were arrested by the Zone 2 Police command, Onikan over alleged armed robbery and murder.




 The offences were committed around Ajao Estate area of Lagos on May 28.
The other 7 arrested were Aniete Akonnah, Promise Friday, Happiness Promise, Silas Effiong, Monday Udoh, Ifedinachukwu Iwuola and Sumaila Umar.
 During Ebong's confession statement, he said his role in the gang was to load the goods into his truck, that he never knew his other gang members shot a security operative during their operation.
 He said that "It was one Owen and sam who invited me for the robbery operation. They have both being arrested."



"My role was to load the (Stolen) goods inside the truck. I have yet to be given any money from the operation. I was to be given N100,000 after the robbery."

"My plan was to use the money for my sister's burial. My elder sister died around that time, and I was looking for money for the burial. that was why I decided to go with the gang."

 The Assistant Inspector General of Police, Abdulmajid Ali responded to this saying "They have confessed to robbery and murder, they would be charged to court at the end of the investigations."

Enter your email address below to get FREE updates:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog