R Kelly speaks on sexual misconduct allegations on new 19-minute song “I Admit It”


R Kelly
R Kelly has addressed the allegations of sexual misconduct in new 19 minute single, 'I Admit It'.

The Pop icon has been in the eye of the storm lately with a number of young women coming out to state that the singer held them against their will and forced them to have sexual intercourse with other women.
The allegations also covered abuse, controlling them on how to dress, what to eat and when they were to do things, sparking a number of reactions from brand associated to the singer and online music platform, Spotify taking measures by removing his songs from their playlists.
In a new 19-minuted song premiered on his Instagram Live on Sunday, July 22, R Kelly admits to making mistakes but denied any of the allegations of sexual misconduct.
In the lyrics of the song, he says; “I done made some mistake...
How they gon’ say I don’t respect these women, when all I’ve done is represent (30 years)/ Take my career and turn it upside down, ’cause you mad I’ve got some girlfriends (girlfriends),” he sings.

At one point in the song, Kelly admits to being with “older and younger [ladies]” and also makes reference to the ongoing campaign against him.
“I admit I mess with all the ladies, that’s both older and young ladies (ladies, yeah)/ But tell me how they call it pedophile because that shit is crazy (crazy)/.
You may have your opinions, entitled to your opinions (opinions)/ But really am I supposed to go to jail or lose my career because of your opinion/ Yeah, go ahead and stone me, point your finger at me (stone me, yeah, yeah)/ Turn the world against me, but only god can mute me (against me, mute me).”
He specifically references allegations charged by the parents of Jocelyn Savage, who say Kelly began dating their 19-year-old daughter in 2016 and proceeded to cut off all communications between them and their daughter.
“Said I’m abusing these women, what the fuck that’s some absurd shit (what?)/ They’re brainwashed, really? (really)/ Kidnapped, really? (really)/ Can’t eat, really? (really)/ Real talk, that shit sound silly (yeah)/ And if you really, really wanna know (know)/ Her father dropped her off at my show (show).''

R Kelly goes on with his defense:

“What’s the definition of a cult?/ Whats the definition of a sex slave?/ Go to the dictionary, look it up/ Let me know I’ll be here waiting/ Now I admit that I got some girls that love me to pull they hair (they hair)/ Now I admit that they love me to talk dirty when I pull they hair (they hair).
Some like me to spank ’em/ Some like to get branded/ And what some of these girls want, is too much for the radio station/ Look I’m just a man y’all (man y’all)/ Not a monster or beast (no, no)/ But I admit there are times when these girls so fine, they’ll chill with a nigga for a week (oh, for a week).”
At another point in the song, Kelly acknowledges that he himself was the victim of sexual abuse at the age of 14, singing:
“Now, I admit a family member touched me (touched me, touched me, touched me)/ From a child to the age 14, yeah/ While I laid asleep, took my virginity (sleep, gini’)”
Kelly also has some words for Jim DeRogatis, the Chicago-based music journalist who has reported on Kelly’s alleged misconduct over the last two decades:
“To Jim DeRogatis, whatever your name is (whatever your name is)/ You been tryna destroy me for 25 whole years (25 whole years, yeah)/ Writing the same stories over and over against (stories, stories, yeah)/ Off my name, you done went and made yourself a career (a whole career)
But guess what? I pray for you and family, and all my other enemies (prayed for you, enemies)/ I’m not gonna let y’all steal my joy, I’m just gon’ keep on doing me (my joy, doing me).”  he concluded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog